This is one Homeopathic remedy I always keep in stock, both for clients and for my family. It is a blessing whenever constant nausea and/or vomiting are a leading aspect of an illness.
Just this past holiday season both my girls and I were living with constant nausea. There was never any vomiting but the constant nausea had the potential of causing us to miss out on a delicious Thanksgiving dinner. I broke out the Ipecacuanha and within 24 – 36 hours we all felt better and enjoyed all of the delicious foods of the season!
Even though nausea and vomiting are the main indications for this remedy there are a few others for which Ipecacuanha works particularly well:
- Migraine headache with severe nausea and/or vomiting
- Bronchitis and coughs especially in children
- Coughs that lead to nausea and/or vomiting
- Rattling cough that comes in warm/humid weather
- Pertussis or severe cough with stiffness and/or vomiting
- Nausea and/or vomiting with a loathing for the smell of food or the thought of eating food
- Constant nausea that is unrelieved by vomiting
- Nausea and vomiting with great irritability
- Aching in the thigh and/or leg bones
A must have in my practice and my home!