Just about anyone with children who uses Homeopathy for their family is familiar with this remedy. It assists with everything from teething to colic. It is certainly a remedy to have on hand, whether you have children or not.
Below are a few of its most prominent indications for use:
- This remedy almost always contains anger and/or great irritability, especially in children. Child may strike out or kick at others.
- Colic. When baby just wants to be carried everywhere and cries angrily, this remedy is indicated, especially when the child is inconsolable, wants to be held, yet acts like he/she doesn’t want to be touched.
- Incredible sensitivity to pain. Reactions to pain may show great anger. The pain is exaggerated much beyond what would be expected from the ailment.
- Number one remedy for teething. It may include diarrhea from teething and be indicated for children who have a difficult time breaking new teeth through the gum.
- Complaints come on after a bout of anger.
- Indicated for ear infections/pain when the pain is worse from touch and from the wind.
- Some general indications for this remedy include one cheek being red and the other pale, symptoms are worse around 9am and at night, there is a general aggravation from the wind and feet are hot, needing to be uncovered at night.
Chamomilla is a remedy to keep on hand, whether you have children or not.
If you have any doubts or concerns about which remedy to choose, contact a Certified Homeopath. Giving the wrong remedy will cause no harm, but nor with it help!